Friends of ACL Waitlist Membership FAQ & Policy
I’m already a donor to KLRU. Do I still have to pay the Friends of ACL Waitlist Member dues each year?
That depends. If your annual support to KLRU meets or exceeds the annual Waitlist Membership Dues and is considered tax-deductible, then you already qualify for the Waitlist Membership.
If your annual support to KLRU is less than the annual Waitlist Member Dues, then you must pay the Waitlist Membership dues in full, regardless of previous gift amount.
Raffle tickets and ACL Hall of Fame ticket purchases are excluded as these are not tax-deductible gifts.
Are the waitlist dues a one-time gift?
The wailtist membership dues are annual and must be paid once a year in order to maintain your spot on the Friends of ACL waitlist.
Are the Waitlist Dues a deposit toward my Friends of ACL membership once I am able to join?
No, the Waitlist Membership dues are a donation to KLRU and cannot be applied to other membership in subsequent years.
I forgot to pay my Waitlist Membership dues this year. Am I still on the waitlist?
Unfortunately, if you have not paid your Waitlist Membership dues by the end of January each year, your Waitlist Membership is considered lapsed and your spot on the waitlist was terminated. You can re-enroll on the Friends of ACL waitlist by rejoining the Waitlist Membership program.
I would like to join the Friends of ACL Waitlist Membership mid-year. How does that affect my annual membership dues?
Your waitlist join date will be the date you pay the waitlist membership dues, but your waitlist membership dates will be on the calendar year, regardless of the date you join the waitlist.
- If joining the waitlist between January 1st - September 30th, your membership is valid thru December 31st of the same year.
- If joining the waitlist on or after October 1st, your waitlist membership expiration will be extended to December 31st of the following year.
Are the Friends of ACL Waitlist Member Dues tax-deductible?
Yes, your waitlist membership dues are fully tax-deductible. KLRU-TV is a tax-exempt organization EIN# 75-7126012.
Can I pay my waitlist membership dues in installments?
No, the Waitlist dues must be paid in full each year.
How do I enter to win passes to an ACL taping?
As a member of the Friends of ACL Waitlist membership program, you will receive an invitation to opt-in to enter to win a pair of passes to ACL tapings. If you are not a membership of the Friends of ACL Waitlist membership program, or you want to increase your chances to win, you may enter to win through the public giveaway on the ACLTV website.
What are the odds of winning passes to an ACL taping through the Friends of ACL Waitlist Membership?
Chances of winning the giveaway depend on the available capacity in the venue for a particular taping, the number of members in the Friends of ACL waitlist membership program and the number of waitlist members who enter to win.
How do I know if I won passes to an ACL taping?
You will receive an email from ACL-Reservations@klru.org about 2 days ahead of the taping, notifying you that won passes to the giveaway. If you do not receive an email, then you did not win.
How do I access KLRU Passport to stream my favorite KLRU and PBS shows anytime and on any device?
Visit the Passport FAQ for help to login and access KLRU Passport.
- Friends of ACL Waitlist Membership dues are annual, on the calendar year and must be paid each year to maintain waitlist status.
- Membership dues must be paid by last day of January each year in order to maintain waitlist status for the year.
- If dues are missed or a year skipped, waitlist status will be lost.
- New waitlist enrollment will use the waitlist status join-date in which the dues are paid.
- If joining the waitlist between January 1st - September 30th, the membership is valid thru December 31st of same year.
- If joining the waitlist on or after October 1st, waitlist membership expiration will be extended to December 31st of the following year.
- Current KLRU donors giving a tax-deductible gift of $250+ annually, AND already enrolled on the Friends of ACL waitlist, qualify for the Friends of ACL Waitlist Membership with no additional donation needed to maintain waitlisting status. Raffle tickets and ACL Hall of Fame ticket purchases are excluded as these are not tax-deductible gifts.
- The $250 waitlist membership donation must be paid in full, upfront and is fully tax-deductible.
- Friends of ACL Waitlist spots are not transferable.