Each episode of “WordWorld” is a narrative built around a wacky troupe of characters, WordFriends, who are characters first and words second. “WordWorld’s” WordFriends go on comic adventures and face challenges that can only be resolved with the right word. Sheep is a shy little girl who loves to pretend; Frog is the cautious brainiac and word “expert”; impetuous Duck is still learning his letters; Pig lives in the moment; Ant is a pragmatic bundle of energy; and Dog is a WordFriend’s best friend. A key component of the show is word building, a unique moment when children witness a word “morph” into the thing it is. Word building reinforces the pre-reading concept that letters make words and that words have meaning.
Visit the Website: http://pbskids.org/wordworld
- Saturday, August 29th at 6:00 AM on KLRU
- Saturday, September 5th at 6:00 AM on KLRU
- Saturday, September 19th at 6:00 AM on KLRU
- Saturday, September 26th at 6:00 AM on KLRU
- Saturday, October 3rd at 6:00 AM on KLRU
- Saturday, October 10th at 6:00 AM on KLRU