Chris Wiesinger’s Plant List
Chris Wiesinger from The Southern Bulb Company selects drought-tough naturalizing spring, summer, and fall bulbs.
Find out more in his book, Heirloom Bulbs for Today, co-authored with Cherie Colburn. Published by Bright Sky Press. Illustrations by Loela Barry, JoLoe Art.
- Oxblood lily
- Lycoris radiata
- Autumn crocus (Sternbergia lutea)
- Paperwhite narcissus
- Narcissus 'Grand Primo'
- Narcissus 'Golden Dawn'
- Texas tulip (Tulipa praecox)
- Johnson's amaryllis (Hippeastrum x johnsonii) late spring to early summer
- Crinum 'Ellen Bosanquet'
- Crinum 'Mrs. James Hendry'
- (crinums like a high phosphorous-middle number-fertilizer)