Express Yourself with Garden Art
Express yourself through garden art with Chris Smartt’s fun ideas from Sol’stice Garden Expressions. On tour, Irene Anderson turns a maintenance-hound swimming pool into a natural habitat pond. Daphne answers: Is it okay to pound a nail into a tree to hang a plant? Her pick of the week is fall-blooming, bee and butterfly-loving Queen’s wreath. John goes inside to propagate house plants.
Originally aired May 3rd, 2014 (Rebroadcast May 3rd, 2014)
Tips of the Week
- Plant warm weather annuals like celosia, cosmos, zinnias, sunflowers, Salvia coccina, angelonia and sweet potato vine.
- It’s now time to plant caladiums in shadier spots.
- Dead head roses, and tip prune Artemisia and fall asters.
- Clean up succulent damage, water with liquid seaweed and divide pups.
- Plant squash, Malabar spinach, okra, pumpkins, watermelons and beans.
More tips by month
Question of the Week
Can I put a nail in my mature tree to hang a feeder or plant?
Pond habitat from swimming pool | Irene Anderson