Thanks to everyone who shared their #whyKLRU reasons during our December drive on Facebook, Twitter and our blog! We chose a winner for every day of our drive to receive a package of KLRU themed t-shirts – if your name is on the list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing address so we can send you your t-shirts (sizes may vary, but feel free to put your preferred sizes in the email as well).
T Shirt Winners:
Victoria Reed Bailey
Lanna Ellis Arnold
Thanks for your support of KLRU-TV!
As a KLRU Green Member, you join a caring group of viewers who provide us with dependable financial support on a continuing monthly basis. On special for only $5/month, the KLRU Green Membership is convenient, easy on your budget, and helps provide considerable savings to the station. Being a KLRU Green Member means never receiving paper mailings from us and never having to renew your membership – it’s the easiest way to show your commitment to KLRU in your life and your community.
- Enjoy the convenience of automatic payment of your Green Member gifts. Convenient and secure automatic withdrawals from your credit card of checking account save you time and money since you never have to write another check or find a stamp.
- Enjoy the satisfaction of knowing your support is helping to reduce KLRU’s administrative costs – which makes your contribution a full investment in the unique and outstanding television programs, educational workshops, community engagement projects and public events you expect from KLRU.
- You’re in control. You can change or stop your payments at any time. Just give us the word.
- You’re in the know. As a Green Member, you’ll receive only the most important e-communication from KLRU, keeping you informed about upcoming programs and events with the KLRU Green Member eNewsletter.
- Your membership is always active. You’ll never have to look back and see when you last gave to KLRU – and you’ll never have to renew or receive any renewal notices by email or mail.
- Spreading your support out over the year makes generosity easier on your budget and gives KLRU the security of a steady, reliable stream of income.
Please consider all the advantages of becoming a KLRU Green Member – the convenience to you, the savings to us and, most of all, the expression of your enduring commitment to all that public broadcasting stands for – and join during this end-of-summer special for only $5/month.
As a KLRU GREEN MEMBER, you not only support your local PBS station, but as a thank you gift you will receive a KLRU branded GO LOCAL card, valid until August 2012, good for discounts and deals at over 600 businesses in Central Texas.
As an extra-special thank you during our December drive, KLRU will be giving away 2 iPads! Every gift made between November 26 and December 12 will automatically be entered to win – so give now and give often!
Through your support, KLRU is serve our community with countless hours of quality television and services that go beyond TV to inform, educate and entertain everyone in Central Texas.
Give online or call 866-910-KLRU for your chance to win!
We sincerely appreciate your generosity, but if you would like to enter the giveaway without making a gift at this time, please click here
We’re very happy to announce that the Alice Kleberg Reynolds Foundation has elected to renew their generous support of Overheard with Evan Smith with a $10,000 grant. Previously Texas Monthly Talks, this Lone Star Emmy award-winning production provides viewers with a unique perspective on current affairs. It’s wonderful to continue a partnership with this foundation into our 9th season. On behalf of KLRU board, staff and viewers—thank you!
KLRU is very grateful to have received several recent commitments towards its ACL Studio Fund. Bettye & Bill Nowlin have made a generous contribution of $250,000 through the Austin Community Foundation. Pledges have been made by The Brown Foundation, Inc., of Houston, ($100,000) and the Still Water Foundation ($50,000).
We are thrilled that the Moody Foundation has pledged $50,000 toward our Grand Opening Street Party for the Moody Theater in February 2011. This gift will allow approximately 2,000 members of the general public to attend a free unveiling of the new Austin City Limits Stage and to enjoy festivities around the W Austin Hotel downtown, including a live, outdoor projection of the evening’s highlights from inside the venue.
We are so fortunate to have enlisted the support of these partners — and we look forward to sharing the outcomes with Central Texas and beyond!