We’re approaching the end of our fiscal year with a budget deficit and we need your help to reach our goal by September 30. As of this morning, we’re $185,900 short. More than ever we need the help of our loyal viewers – YOU – to join us. Each and every gift, no matter the amount, from every person who is able to will help tremendously right now.
We hope you’ll consider joining our Countdown Campaign this month. Maybe you’ll decide to renew your support today – make an additional gift for the year – or tell a friend to become a brand new member!
Whatever you do, we appreciate your generosity and support of KLRU-TV, Austin PBS – YOUR public television station.
Look at what you’ve done!
Thanks to support from our community, KLRU has been able to do so much in 2011-2012:
- Threw a downtown block party for our whole city to celebrate 50 years of public television in Austin (Cookie Monster was there, too!)
- Brought Community Cinema back to Windsor Public Library for another great season of independent film – Free every month for anyone to attend.
- Showcased phenomenal women in our community who are changing lives through the national online project Women and Girls Lead (we’ll highlight more women in 2012-2013 so stay tuned!)
- Challenged hundreds of school-aged kids to read this summer with the KLRU Summer Learning Challenge
- Brought you new episodes of Downton Abbey, Frontline, Moyers & Company, NOVA, Nature, Antiques Roadshow, Market Warriors, Arts in Context, Central Texas Gardener, Overheard with Evan Smith, Austin City Limits, and many more!