September 30 is the end of our fiscal year and we need your help to reach that date with a balanced budget. Please take a minute and join our Countdown Campaign to raise $115,000 in the next 7 days. As we celebrate 50 years of public television in Central Texas, we know that there are so many of you that value KLRU, but now we’re asking you to support us with a gift – any amount you can give will make a huge difference to KLRU right now.
KLRU is Austin’s only locally owned and operated television station. With over half of our support coming from individuals like you, we take very seriously our commitment to inspire – and be inspired by – everyone in Central Texas. We are public television so KLRU is your station.
I hope you’ll take this opportunity to reflect on how much you value KLRU’s commitment to keeping Austin entertained, informed and educated and join our Countdown Campaign right now by:
- Making your first gift ever to KLRU right now because your children love Sesame Street, Word Girl, and Dinosaur Train.
- Renewing your support of KLRU this year because you can’t live without new episodes of Masterpiece, Antiques Roadshow, and Doctor Who.
- Casting your vote for your favorite local programs like Central Texas Gardener, Overheard with Evan Smith, The Daytripper, and Arts in Context.
- Giving an additional gift to KLRU because your trust PBS Newshour, Frontline, and Washington Week.
- Telling your friends to support the Countdown Campaign because this is their station, too.
We are diligent stewards of our limited resources, consistently trimming expenses while at the same time preserving the strength of our content and community. Despite our best efforts, we’re approaching the end of our fiscal year with a deficit. We need your help, right now to reach our Countdown Campaign goal by September 30th.
Please join us and thank you!