KLRU is so proud to have been a part of Amplify Austin, the first ever community-wide day of online philanthropy, raising $2.8 million for over 300 Central Texas nonprofits! We’d like to extend a special thanks to those of you that participated and donated to KLRU, helping us raise over $12,000 from over 100 donors in just 24 hours. Your gift provides this community with 24 hours of educational, entertaining, and inspirational programming both on air and online. KLRU, KLRU-Q, Create and V-Me combined add up to 35,040 hours of programming a year, giving all Central Texans the chance to explore new ideas, new worlds and new possibilities. Thank you for supporting what was a great day of giving for KLRU and a phenomenal day of giving for the Austin community.
Join us TODAY in becoming a part of Austin’s history by giving a gift to KLRU in Austin’s FIRST ever community-wide day of online philanthropy, Amplify Austin! We’re encouraging all Central Texans, those of us who love this community most, to help us raise $1 million in just 24 hours and show the rest of the world just how charitable this city can be. Want to help? Here’s how: visit our KLRU Amplify Austin donation page to make your gift today; spread the word to friends and family about your support of KLRU and Amplify Austin; and join the #AmplifyATX social media conversation on Twitter and Facebook. We have just 24 hours to make a huge difference in our community and in the lives of all Central Texans, so let’s crank up the giving and Amplify Austin!
Tonight at 7pm, watch a special encore presentation of Austin City Limits with Bonnie Raitt and Mavis Staples. Executive Producer Terry Lickona joins in from Studio 6A, the original ACL stage, to talk about the history and importance of Austin City Limits.
Your support of KLRU ensures that Austin City Limits continues to showcase legendary artists and talented newcomers from the stage at ACL Live at the Moody Theater. Thank you!
Do you love Austin? Do you love KLRU? Well, we’ve got a great opportunity for you to give back to both the city you love and the KLRU programming you can’t live without! In just three days, we’re joining I Live Here, I Give Here and over 300 other area nonprofits to raise $1 million in just 24 hours. Giving starts at 7 pm on March 4, and your gift can truly make a difference in the lives of all Central Texans by providing high-quality, commercial-free programming that gives us a chance to explore new ideas, new worlds and new possibilities. Help us continue to provide the trusted and valued programs you rely on as Austin’s only community-supported public television station. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to keep up with the latest Amplify Austin happenings and together, let’s Amplify Austin!
KLRU is kicking off our March pledge drive a day early with some exciting ways to thank you for your support and help you enhance your experience with KLRU beyond TV:
- Vampire Weekend tapes Austin City Limits | Sunday, March 17 | Donate $200 and we’ll thank you with two balcony passes
- Il Divo at ACL Live | May 15 | Donate $400 and we’ll thank you with two incredible floor seats to the performance. Or donate $200 to receive two balcony level tickets
- Joe Bonamassa at ACL Live | November 30 | Donate $350 we’ll thank you with two tickets to his concert plus an invitation to a Meet-and-Greet before the show. Or donate $250 for two great seats without the Meet-and-Greet
- Fab Four: The Ultimate Beatles Tribute at the Paramount | May 18 | Donate $100 for two great seats at their concert. Or join them for a Meet-and-Greet before their concert when you donate $150
KLRU is proud to be the largest producer and presenter of high-quality arts in Central Texas. When you support KLRU, you become a key partner in keeping the arts alive today and for generations to come.
Thank you for your generosity.
GET TOGETHER with other motivated young professionals to share insights and ideas as part of this exciting membership group …KLRU Next. As a member you not only support KLRU through your donation, but also through events that bring the programming and values of KLRU into the community.
Past KLRU Next events include:
- Member night at the Austin City Limits taping with Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
- Whole Foods Cooking School inspired by America’s Test Kitchen
- An ACL Live Behind the Scenes Studio Tour
- An outdoor East Austin Movie Night
- Happy Hour at W Austin around the hotel’s opening
- A Downton Abbey inspired Grand Soiree
Want to learn more about KLRU Next?
Be a part of Blackfinn Ameripub’s Grand Opening Weekend! Blackfinn Ameripub, a lively restaurant and bar opening this weekend in Austin, will generously donate a portion of the opening day proceeds from one of their favorite signature cocktails to KLRU Next. Light complementary appetizer spreads and fantastic drink specials all day long! We’ll also have giveaways for Blackfinn March Madness and tickets to an upcoming ACL taping.
Join KLRU Next now. Members receive exclusive invitations to signature KLRU Next events and access to ticket giveaways, including ACL tapings and community events. At $240 per year, or $20 per month, you can be part of the future of KLRU. Join us!
KLRU is joining ranks with I Live Here, I Give Here and over 300 other area nonprofits for a community-wide day of online philanthropy with the goal of raising $1 million in 24 hours. Be sure to save the date, because starting at 7 pm on March 4, we’re asking Central Texans to hop on to AmplifyATX.org and show the rest of the world just how charitable this city can be. KLRU is very excited to be a part of this FIRST ever annual online giving festival. Be sure to check out this video about Amplify Austin, like KLRU and Amplify Austin on Facebook and follow KLRU and Amplify Austin on Twitter. We’re sure you’ll be just as eager to participate in the big day as we are!
1,530 individuals supported KLRU during this winter pledge drive and as of this morning, we have raised $218,486 that will help us continue providing extraordinary programming and services to this community. Thank you to everyone who contributed online, by phone, or by check during this 17 day fundraising period. Each and every one of you got us closer to our goal, so no matter how big or how small your gift, you truly made a difference!
If you didn’t get around to it, there’s still time to donate to help us reach our $240,000 goal – your gift today could be the one to get us there!
With much gratitude,
KLRU Membership Team
We’ll be live from Studio 6A tomorrow night for an exciting evening of local arts and adventure !
Starting at 7pm, we’ll be live in studio 6A with a great line up of KLRU Collective highlights. If you haven’t visited our online arts portal, KLRU Collective, then tune in tomorrow to see our favorite videos of local movers and shakers in our creative community. And we’ll literally be moving and shaking with special guests from the Austin Samba School joining us!
Following our mix-tape of KLRU Collective, we’ll premiere the brand new Arts in Context episode, All My Friends Are Vampires, which documents Fantastic Fest, the largest genre film festival in the country, specializing in horror, fantasy, sci-fi, action, and just plain fantastic movies from around the world held each year in Austin, TX at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema on South Lamar. We’ll have Tim League, founder of Fanstastic Fest and the Alamo Drafthouse, in studio with us and we’ll giveaway a 2013 Fantastic Fest badge and an Alamo movie theater experience for you and your friends.
You’ll probably be hungry at 8:30pm, so we’ve planned a special Daytripper hour of the best in Texas BBQ. Chet joins us with the inside scoop on taking daytrips and brings some great gifts when you support the station, like a 2013 Daytripper BBQ Calendar, Daytripper Koozies, and a subscription to Texas Highways magazine.
Thank you to everyone who supported our end-of-fiscal year fundraising drive.
3,000 of you made a gift this September, and whether you gave $5 or $500, each and every one of you helped us close the gap on our budget deficit. Thank you for believing in the value of public television and for committing to be a supporter of KLRU.
With your phenomenal support, we can move forward into 2012-2013 with new programming and engaging events like:
- Civic Summit: Why Bother? | Studio 6A tonight | The Annette Strauss Institute for Civic Life, KLRU and KUT News 90.5 are hosting an interactive dialogue among young Texans — those who are engaged and those who aren’t — about the causes of low civic participation in Central Texas and how to boost it. RSVP here to attend or watch when it airs, Thursday at 8pm.
- Hardly Sound | 1st Monday of the month | 11pm on KLRU Q | Did you miss Hardly Sound’s October episode yesterday? Watch it online here and support KLRU’s newest documentary series highlighting the lives and stories of local musicians and bands.
- Community Cinema | A new of Community Cinema continues with As Goes Janesville, a documentary following the lives of laid-off workers, business leaders, and elected officials trying to reinvent their lives and their Midwestern town amid the closure of their GM plant and America’s worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. Screenings are free, open to the public, and take place October 2 at Austin’s Windsor Park Branch Library (5833 Westminster Dr.) and October 25 at Round Rock Public Library (216 E. Main Street).