Amplify Austin, Austin’s 24-hour giving day, is right around the corner. Here’s how you can help KLRU continue to tell the stories that entertain, inspire and change lives!
Give: Donate online starting at 6pm on March 5th until 6pm on March 6th at amplifyatx.org/klru. Can’t participate on March 5th or 6th? Schedule your donation to KLRU now!
Engage: Join KLRU at Frank, 407 Colorado St 78701 at 6pm on March 5th! Celebrate philanthropy in Austin and watch as your donation makes an impact. Hosted by Next, KLRU’s young professionals group.
Amplify: Your Amplify Austin gift to KLRU will make your PBS station eligible for bonus donations thanks to incentive donations from the day’s sponsors.
Interested in becoming a fundraiser? We have some pretty great prizes to sweeten the deal if you do! Here’s how:
1. Go to KLRU’s Amplify page — AmplifyATX.org/klru
2. Once on our page, click “Create a Fundraising Campaign” button on the right hand side, adjacent to scrolling photos.
3. Create a donor/fundraiser account for ease of tracking your donations and managing your fundraising pages. Please provide name, email, and password in order to submit information.
4. Then click the tab “My Fundraisers” upon entering newly created account. From this tab, click ”Create a Fundraiser” to start campaign profile.
5. Upload all information needed for a complete Fundraiser Profile. Once all information is uploaded, click “Submit Fundraiser for Approval.”
6. Profile(s) must be approved by KLRU for it to be active and public facing and ready-to-share.
7. KLRU will approve as they come in.
Fundraising Page Fun Facts:
- Fundraisers receive a confirmation email when a gift has been made during the giving day on their fundraising page. The donor to their page receives a tax receipt when their gift has been processed.
- Fundraisers also have backend access to basic donor information on donors that have contributed on their page. This is important for personal thank you notes and tracking. KLRU also has access to all of that donation information and donor data as it relates to individual fundraiser pages.
- Fundraisers’ goal thermometer on their page will not move until the day-of when actual transactions are being processed and run. Scheduled donations are merely scheduled, not run yet, and will not reflect on the fundraiser page until the giving day begins. If you have a fundraiser whose thermometer goal has moved prior to Amplify Austin Day, it is because they received a real-time live donation that is not part of Amplify Austin Day.
Incentives for our Personal Fundraisers:
- KLRU T-Shirts to the 1st 3 to raise $240
- Roku | Streaming TV & Media Player to the 1st 3 to raise $400
- ACL Anniversary Book to the 1st 3 to raise $500
- ACL Taping, of your choice, to the 1st 2 to raise $1000*
- Benefit Concert tickets to the 1st to raise $3000
Thanks for helping KLRU Amplify Austin!