You may have heard Austin’s city government is undergoing a makeover, and in November voters will elect a completely new City Council from 10 new districts, and a new mayor. KLRU is committed to educating Austin voters about their city government so they can make informed decisions about who to support and be fully engaged in their communities.
With that in mind, we’ve teamed up with Leadership Austin, The Annette Strauss Institute for Civic Life, Community Impact Newspaper, the Center for Politics and Governance at the LBJ School of Public Affairs, and The League of Women Voters of the Austin Area to organize the Imagine One Austin Information Series, a free, seven week crash-course about Austin and the region’s most pressing issues.
The ImagineAustin Comprehensive Plan will be used as the framework for this series with participation from both city staff and community leaders. The first session on Monday, June 30 is focused on Demographics and Existing Plans.
Consecutive Monday evenings (June 30 – August 11) from 6:00 – 8:00 pm
LCRA Dalchau Service Center (3505 Montopolis Dr)
- Session I (June 30) – Demographics and Existing Plans
- Session II (July 7) – City Utilities, Budget, and Capital Planning
- Session III (July 14) – Economy
- Session IV (July 21) – Conservation, Environment, and Recreation
- Session V (July 28) – Land Use and Transportation
- Session VI (August 4) – Housing, Neighborhoods, and Public Safety
- Session VII (August 11) – Health and Human Services
You can register to attend here.