KLRU invites you to Civic Summit: Obesity, Weight Loss and Body Acceptance. This Civic Summit explores the complex issues and experiences surrounding obesity and weight loss. This panel discussion will raise questions and provide information and insights related to the physical and emotional challenges confronting those in our society who are obese.
DATE: Tuesday, Nov. 19
TIME: 7 pm (doors open at 6:30 pm)
LOCATION: KLRU’s Studio 6A (map)
RSVP: Event is free, but RSVP is required. RSVP now
This event builds on the stories in a moving new documentary – All of Me – that humanizes a group of Austin-area women grappling with obesity, body image, friendships, relationships and the journey of surgery. KLRU is the presenting station for this film to PBS Independent Lens and has consulted with the director on the film.
- Dr. Connie Stapleton, PhD, psychologist and author of Eat it Up! and Thriving! Triumph after Trauma. Augusta, GA
- Joe Nadglowski, President/CEO of Obesity Action Coalition, Tampa, FL
- Abby Lentz, founder of HeavyWeight Yoga, Austin, TX
- John Archibeque, MSN, MBA, CBSGL, RN, Bariatric Surgery Program Coordinator, The Bariatric Center at St. David’s North Austin Medical Center
- Seema Mathur, Founder, Global Voice Productions and award-winning health reporter
Those with accessibility needs, please contact KLRU in advance at 512-471-4811.