Need a break from fighting vocabulary crime? Visit pbskidsgo.org/wordgirl to strengthen your linguistic lexicon. WordGirl greets visitors directly as soon as they land on the site and encourages them to explore.
Here are a few of the fun activities that await you:
– Get behind the wheel in the new game “Chuck’s Extreme Sandwich Crusher.”
– Watch complete episodes, Huggy dance clips, favorite word segments and more.
– Submit your favorite word to the show and send a message to a friend.
– Get inspired to decorate your office, house, apartment, or hideout with “Build-A-Lair.”
– Visit “Tobey’s Robot Workshop” while the boy genius is grounded from his latest attempt at world domination.
– Become a WordGirl star by creating your own avatar.
WordGirl’s DAZZLING new awards include:
– The 2011 Gracie Award
in the Outstanding Children/Adolescent Animated Program Category from the Alliance for Women in Media. This organization celebrates and honors programming created for women, by women and about women. This is the second time WordGirl has received a Gracie Award!
– A 2011 New York Festivals International Television & Film Awards “Silver World Medal”
in the Children’s Programming category. The NYF? Television & Film Awards are one of the world’s largest and most respected international competitions dedicated to both the TV and film industries.
– a 2011 Telly Silver Award
in the Children’s TV Program category. This is the second Telly Award for WordGirl! The Telly Awards honor the very best local, regional, and cable television commercials and programs, as well as the finest video and film productions, and work created for the Web.