The Cyberchase Summer Challenge premieres on June 29, featuring eight straight weeks of new and encore episodes, new interactive content and new outreach initiatives to help kids overcome the summer slump in math and gear up for the new school year. Tune in every Tuesday at 4pm.
Summer is a time when children are at risk for losing gains in math learning if not offered educationally sustaining activities — and the risk is greater for losing math skills than reading skills. The Summer Challenge will provide eight weeks of fun and free resources to strengthen kids’ involvement with math and problem solving all summer long.
- An all-new gaming component will reveal new challenges every week to keep kids actively engaged at home.
- Storytelling features will motivate kids to share their Summer Challenge experiences with others.
- The PBS KIDS GO! video player will feature Summer Challenge video clips and full episodes.
- Eight new printable activities for teachers, parents and kids will deliver fun, STEM-based challenges for real world application.
- Teachers and parents can also access free, downloadable video clips and episodes to support their Summer Challenge activities.
- Additional printable activities for kids will offer extra summer fun.