Corporate Support Sales Associate
DO YOU LOVE KLRU & PBS?
Collins Development Solutions, KLRU’s corporate underwriting sales contractor is seeking a determined and persuasive Sales Professional to join KLRU’s sales team.
Candidates will be responsible for the sale of 15-second corporate sponsorship messages and event sponsorship and other marketing related products. This is an outside sales position where successful sales reps develop new business by cold calling and following a consultative sales approach.
Corporate Sponsorship Sales
An account executive is expected to contact decision makers at local and regional businesses, meet with them to understand their marketing needs and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their business.
- 3 years of media or marketing related sales experience
- Professional communication and presentation skills
- Be goal oriented, persuasive, and excellent at managing time and prioritizing effectively
Interested applicants should submit a resume and letter of intent via email to:
Under the supervision of the Production & Operations Coordinator, interns will be responsible for assisting the staff in various phases of production. The internship program is designed to provide opportunities for students to learn about all phases of production including:
- Pre- and post-production coordination
- Studio production and client events
The interns will work closely with producers, crew, and management staff to gain a full understanding of television production. In providing an opportunity for students to learn production from these various areas, the interns will be required to have the following skills:
- General knowledge of broadcast media and an interest in public television
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Internet browsers, social media, and an interest in gaining experience with software including, but not limited to, Avid, Premiere, Photoshop, and After Effects
- A general sense of administrative management
For qualified interns working for KLRU, duties may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the production staff in various aspects of field production, such as field shoots, logging tapes, video duplication, online research, and other duties as assigned.
- Researching show topics via newspapers, magazines, and online services, as well as assisting with initiating telephone calls and/or emails to applicable guests when requested.
- Assisting with social media, including live tweeting tapings and helping to publicize and further promote KLRU’s local productions via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Attaining skills to assist in the production of segments, which may include researching, field producing, logging, and editing of applicable segments.
- Assisting production staff with YouTube captioning.
- Providing clerical and administrative support for the production and management of local KLRU productions, including transcribing interviews, mailing tapes, and DVD burning/labeling
- Attending studio productions and client events when available and assisting with various areas of production/events including prep and teardown of productions and events, cable pulling, and other duties
In accordance with KLRU intern programs, the intern must:
- Be in attendance of an accredited college or university at the undergraduate or graduate level
- Earn academic credit for internship
- Provide confirmation of credit eligibility from college registrar’s office
- Work a minimum of 10 hours per week, 150 per semester
Students interning for KLRU will have their internships terminated and will not receive college credit if they:
- Do not maintain a consistent work schedule
- Show a limited interest in the production process
- Do not notify staff of tardiness or absence
- Are unable to perform required duties listed above
Internship is unpaid.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, letter of intent, which should include information regarding applicable software knowledge, and three references via email to:
Galia Farber (gfarber at klru.org)
Production & Operations Coordinator
Internship Application Deadlines:
- Summer Semester: March 31
- Fall Semester: July 15
- Spring Semester: November 15