KLRU Community Advisory Board
KLRU is a community-licensed station managed by a Board of Directors. Further community input comes to the station through our Community Advisory Board.
Meetings are the third Wednesday of the Month every 3 months. All meetings are at KLRU (unless otherwise noted) and start at 5:30 p.m.
November 18, 2015
February 17, 2016
May 18, 2016
August 17, 2016
KLRU Community Advisory Board Members 2014-2015
Chair: Pamela Cosel
Chair Elect: Blender Hill
Secretary: Judy Cortez
Paul B. Rhea
Dr. Mario Sanchez
Monica Maldonado Williams
Bill Stotesbery, CEO and GM
Maury Sullivan, Sr. VP – Community Engagement
About the CAB
The KLRU Community Advisory Board is composed of up to 30 individuals who reflect the diverse interests, concerns, organizations, issues and populations of the Central Texas community. The CAB helps guide KLRU in a variety of ways. Membership in the CAB is open to anyone who lives in the designated market area for KLRU and who has demonstrated an interest in KLRU. Members are selected by the existing CAB after being nominated by the staff, or the CAB, or they may nominate themselves. The role of the CAB is to provide a link between the community-at-large and the staff of KLRU. Members elected to the CAB commit to serve a two-year term.
The duties of the CAB are:
- Act as a liaison between KLRU and the community.
- Raise community awareness about KLRU, its programming and its services.
- Advise KLRU on issues of importance in the community where KLRU may have an impact.
- Encourage community involvement in KLRU projects, activities.
- Ensure that the content of the programming reflects the community.